Saturday, April 8, 2023

Second Chance: Boshi

BOSHI


Again, this is another fighter where I just have to look myself in the mirror and ask: "Why wasn't that an assist trophy?" To this day, I have no answer. The thought simply never occurred to me the entire time I was working through Super Mario RPG. Best reason I can come up with is my personal distaste for the character subconsciously clouding my judgment, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I can't remember that being part of it. There are plenty of characters I don't like on these rosters, and I always gave them a fair shot. So, I just don't know.

Either way, my answer is . . . 


YES


Here is the moveset I came up with, based on my best memory of the Yoshi moveset:


Standard B: Swallow

Naturally, being a Yoshi. His eggs might be a little harder to break out of.


Side B: Egg Shot

Moved down here, thrown with a bit more speed to it.


Up B: Transform

While Yoshi would go for the helicopter, I imagine Boshi's a bit more of a fighter jet.


Down B: Butt Bash

He will slam his butt down on the ground, just the same.


Final Smash: Yoshi Herd

Same as Yoshi's, except Boshi will go zipping out ahead of the pack and smack into the opponent first.


Entrance: He will be surrounded by admirers before noticing you're here.


Taunts: Up, he will fix his shades and make them glint. Side, he will run in place for a second and limber up. Down, he will kick off his shoes for a second.


Kirby Hat: The Yoshi head, but with shades.


Kart: A kart that looks like the Yoshi Kart from Double Dash, but bluish-gray with shades on it.

Special Move: If right up next to an opponent, he will gain a burst of speed just to not get into second.


Spirit Battle: On Yoshi's Island, with a Yoshi horde, but he will attack them as well as you if they start doing better than him.


Victory Screen: He will stand smugly while surrounded by admirers.

Losing Screen: He will slump down on the ground and look sad.


Color Swaps: Take most of the Yoshi color swaps, and make them a bit more of a dark/faded color.


Thanks for reading! Next up, one I'm pretty sure won't get in, but I just want to do my due diligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment