Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Second Chance: Wooster/The Nintendo Comics System Toads

WOOSTER


Well, I had to check anyway. But there's really nothing here. Wooster appears in the Nintendo Comics System as the Mushroom King's advisor (basically babysitter), whose one notable appearance happens when he is fired, "defects" to King Koopa, and handicaps them from the inside by feeding them so much food that they become fat. While the food steadily slowing down an opponent makes for a good move on its own, it's really just that.

On the other hand, I also wanted to use this space to go over what the Nintendo Comics System calls Toads, where instead of humanoid bodies, their bodies are basically stems, with faces and limbs. It has proven weirdly difficult to search for them properly, but even when I managed it, there wasn't much. They just populate group shots basically. Might make for a good Toad echo, if Toad, Captain Toad, Toadette, and Toadsworth weren't already a convoluted echo system. But, I guess we could add one of the Toads as a color swap (I think we were short a good one anyway), and Wooster could be a named color swap for Toadsworth.

I'm satisfied with that. So, my answer is . . . 


NO


Thanks for reading! Next up, a king who learns some humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment