Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Second Chance: Phantom

PHANTOM


Today, I will cover the Phantom, or "Tom Phan," one of the major bosses in Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, and the combination of a Rabbid, a Boo, and a record player. I mainly included him on this list, because I discovered a few months after covering the game, that he was a lot more popular with the fanbase than I originally thought, and since he had just been a boss to me in my watch-through, the discovery led me to doubt myself and wonder if I had missed anything. So I'm here to do due diligence.

And, I didn't miss much. He has a musical blast that he uses to attack, he can warp between his three stages, and he's invulnerable to attack when under a spotlight. His musical number has a couple of effects and props but those would be tenuous at best as attacks. I think I'm good. My answer is . . . 


NO


Ah, it feels nice to finally give out one of those. However, if anyone disagrees with this ruling, you are welcome to make your case in the comments below. I am perfectly willing to change my mind if sufficiently convinced. But as for now, he remains a boss. He might be a good boss character, or even an assist. I'll keep him in mind if Hellen Gravely gets in.

Thanks for reading! Next up, another from Mario + Rabbids that played an important role in the setup of Sparks of Hope but I had no recollection of from Kingdom Battle, so I'm going back just to remind myself. (Apparently, I missed things in Kingdom Battle despite all efforts to pay attention.)

No comments:

Post a Comment