Monday, April 3, 2023

Second Chance: Honeyqueen

HONEYQUEEN


I don't have an excuse for this one. The thought just never occurred to me. I saw the bees flying around and doing stuff, and the queen just mostly stationary, and I figured "This works best with the workers being the fighter and the queen just adding in on certain parts." And then a few months ago, I was putting together the color swaps for all these characters (the main inspiration for most of this list), and I asked myself, "Why didn't I give Honeyqueen and Honeybee the echo treatment?"

As I have yet to give myself anything resembling a satisfactory answer, my answer is . . .


YES


Here is their moveset:


Standard B: Honey Bucket

Probably with a larger spread of honey than the workers.


Side B: Spear

Or possibly some form of queen's scepter for her specific brand of this move.


Up B: Floaty Fluff

A much bigger one than the normal workers'.


Down B: Butt Bash

A lot more powerful than the average one.


Final Smash: Gigantic Queen

I see no reason why we can't keep this for both. After all, she would just as easily grow massive for her subjects as for herself.


Entrance: She will be climbing around on a honeycomb and then hop off.


Taunts: Up, she will bounce up and down merrily. Side, she will try to get at the itchy spots on her back. Down, she will wiggle her little stinger around.


Kirby Hat: The weird cap that she wears, with antennae.


Kart: A kart based on a honeycomb.

Special Move: She will grow up to gigantic size and be able to float for a little while.


Spirit Battle: A giant battle on Mario Galaxy, with a Honeybee horde.


Victory Screen: The silver stars on her back will come together to form a star before her.

Losing Screen: Bugs will invade her hive and steal all her honey.


Color Swaps: Her standard appearance, a Peach-based design, a Daisy-based design, a Rosalina-based design, a design based on her workers, a designed based on a racer, a more green appearance, and a more black appearance.


Thanks for reading! Next up, this one's only here because this boss keeps sticking in my mind and keeping me up at night. I'm pretty sure I'll say "NO" but I just want to put it to bed once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment