Thursday, March 30, 2023

Second Chance: Eggplant Man

EGGPLANT MAN


It's a bit of a source of personal embarrassment for me, when compiling this list, just how many occurred to me as "Why didn't I make that an echo fighter?" I hope I'm doing better on that front now, but we will have to see. The first here is Eggplant Man, the iconic enemies from Wrecking Crew who work as part of Foreman Spike's crew alongside Gotchawrenches. And, when making this list, I had do ask myself, "Why couldn't they have been echoes of Foreman Spike?"

So I think the biggest problem holding me back is the Gotchawrenches. In the games, there's not too much difference between the two enemies, as both their jobs is to run around the stage and get in your way as you try to destroy everything. One rule I am sticking to is only one echo per fighter, which then makes it feel marginally unfair to the Gotchawrenches if I do make Eggplant Man the echo.

There are two solutions I can see there: 1) Gotchawrenches take up the crew mechanic I established for Spike and remain the same for the Eggplant Man, thus at least getting representation that way. Or 2) I just make Gotchawrenches four of the Eggplant Man's color swaps, since they do fill nearly the same functions. And . . . I think I can be satisfied with either of those solutions. So, my answer is . . . 


YES


Here is their moveset, as well as I remember it for Foreman Spike:


Standard B: Wrecking Crew

Made up only of Gotchawrenches now.


Side B: Hammer

A bit weaker than Spike's.


Up B: Ladder

Probably a bit quicker on the climb than Spike.


Down B: Bomb

Likewise a little less power.


Final Smash: Kanbank

Probably with a different design than Spike's.


Entrance: Breaking through a block based on the original games.


Taunts: Up, it will toss a bunch of eggplants in the air. Side, it will run back and forth as if hitting obstacles. Down, it will strike a block with a hammer and make it crumble.


Kirby Hat: Its black mask covering its face.


Kart: Another type of construction equipment, like a bulldozer.

Special Move: It will release a Gotchawrench to run along the track.


Spirit Battle: A horde battle on Wrecking Crew, with Spike appearing occasionally.


Victory Screen: Several of them will stand back to admire the high-rise they built.

Losing Screen: The building will crash down on top of it.


Color Swaps: Based on the eight vegetables from Ice Climbers, with the standard Eggplant, then Carrot, Cabbage, Zucchini, Corn, Turnip, Pumpkin, and Romaine Lettuce.


Thanks for reading! Next up, let's re-evaluate those pesky viruses from Doctor Mario.

No comments:

Post a Comment