Thursday, December 7, 2023

Legend of Zelda Second Chance Round (Part 2)

LEGEND OF ZELDA

SECOND CHANCE ROUND

Next up, we have Tetra's crew: Gonzo, Niko, Mako, Zuko, Nudge, and Senza. They are mostly background characters, but also kind of important characters, returning for Phantom Hourglass and everything. The big thing here is that Tetra's moveset is heavily based on everything related to their ship and lives as pirates, so there's no reason they couldn't act, as a group, as her echo. So:

YES

Now, we have an interesting one. Malon has a moveset built around her farm and the animals and implements found there. It would be reasonable for her to have an echo, someone who lives on said farm, or a similar farm. Now we can go two directions here, one, go with Romani and Cremia, who used her same character model, or we could go with Talon or Ingo. I weighed the options, and I'm mostly fine with Romani and Cremia just being named color swaps for Malon, seeing as they are literally just her model re-used. Instead I will give the echo to Talon.

YES

As for Ingo, given the bandits that re-used his skin, his generally crueler nature and use of a whip and pitchfork, I actually think I could make a decent semi-clone out of him, so I'm going to say:

YES

Tarin, I think, will be just fine for now to be a color variant of Talon, as he's not quite as attached to the stuff Marin's moveset came from to warrant him as an echo for her, so:

NO

As for the Pirate Queen, she and "general Gerudo warrior" were both options that arose for Nabooru echoes. And I'm not sure I could quite justify using Urbosa or Riju for one of them. So I simply have to ask myself, which one do I care more about representing, and which one can just be a color variant for Nabooru. And well, the answer was the general Gerudo warrior. So, for the Pirate Queen, I say:

NO

And for Darbus, we technically already covered it. As an echo for Darunia, I say:

YES

And that's it for today! Come back next time for four more characters!

No comments:

Post a Comment