Saturday, December 9, 2023

Legend of Zelda Second Chance Round (Part IV)

LEGEND OF ZELDA

SECOND CHANCE ROUND

Next up, we have a few more that are basically possible echoes. While the Stalfos have long been a major staple of the Zelda franchise, they have frequently been accompanied by their much smaller counterparts, the Stalchildren. Perhaps you might know them best for their appearance in Ocarina of Time, making Hyrule Field a bit dangerous to wander around at night. As a smaller, weaker echo to the Stalfos, I'd say:

YES

In the same vein, we also have the Dinolfos, generally seen as much bigger, more saurian cousins of the Lizalfos. Although, to be honest, I've always seen them as basically just Lizalfos by another name, similar to Iron Knuckles and Darknuts. Under that lighting, I'd have to say:

NO

And of course, make sure they are well represented by the Lizalfos skins. Next up, we have Junglo, Aba's mentor and adoptive father, the logic being that he taught her most everything she knows, and as such would be her echo. However, I believe it was Wizbenorno who suggested all the companions of Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, and that got me thinking a little bit.

So, a concept I've been working on, especially as we get closer and closer to Pokemon, is "what to do with long lists of characters who would be functionally the same." So, say we do Pokemon Trainer as a general concept for the Pokemon Franchise, where you can pick a trainer, then attach to them an assortment of three Pokemon, either from a selection recommended for that specific trainer, or simply as a "choose your own." The roster for that would have to be markedly different, and I visualize it as more of a pull-down menu that lets you scroll through, pick your favorite trainer/gym leader/rival/etc. This concept could then be carried over to the "Football Player" character for some real world stuff or Madden or something, with a pull-down menu letting you play as your favorite player with the same basic moveset. So, I think I am going to implement that for the first time here. Instead of "Aba" (Though I could easily see Aba at the top), we will have a "Bodyguard" spot that will instantly bring up a list of all the hireable bodyguards from the game. The next time I return to Mario, I think I'll make that change to the Golf and Tennis players as well. So, I guess my answer is:

KINDA

And finally we have Paya, Impa's granddaughter who might be related to Hinata Hyuga. For Paya, we never actually see her in action, but I imagine it's fair to say her grandmother would have taught her in most of their ways. I want to say:

YES

But I can imagine others disagreeing with my decision. Let me know in the comments if you do or not. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment