Monday, December 11, 2023

Legend of Zelda Second Chance Round (Part V)

LEGEND OF ZELDA

SECOND CHANCE ROUND

Next up, we have the Shrine Guardians. You remember, the small ones that hang out in the Sheikah Shrines in Breath of the Wild, that fight you a lot. They're in this weird middle ground between the Ancient Guardians and Terrako, where technically everything is covered, and even they act as color swaps to those already. It just bothers me, honestly. But I think I'm going to suck it up today, and say:

NO

As for the Blights, the big bosses of the four Divine Beasts of Breath of the Wild, I initially just kinda brushed them aside, as they were really just extensions of Calamity Ganon himself. But I suppose with Phantom Ganon around, that's really not fair, so, using their various unique elemental attacks, I will say:

YES

As for Kalin, if you remember Oath of Riruto, the Zelda comic trying really hard to be Dragon Ball, she was Riruto's childhood friend and the inheritor of Zelda's spirit. Under that logic, I suppose there's really no reason she couldn't be an echo of Manga Zelda. So:

YES

And then Cho was a supporting character and friend of Kala, Riruto's second companion. He functionally served somewhere around the Yajirobe or Korin role. The thought was that maybe he could be an echo of Kala, as she did pull from him a little, but I think I'm fine leaving him as more of an extension of her for now. So, I'll say:

NO

Come back tomorrow for the final four on the initial list!

No comments:

Post a Comment