Monday, October 10, 2022

Tingle/CDi Returning Characters

 TINGLE/CDi RETURNING CHARACTERS

Alright, now that those games are finished up, let's go through our list and update any characters in dire need of an update (or more accurately, any that appeared that already have a moveset laid out).

So, right off the bat, we have Link and Zelda both returning, mainly as the protagonists of the CDi games. While the movesets generally try to grasp the concepts of the core games with the items used, it's just different enough that it could become it's own moveset, but I don't have a clear person to take it on though. There is a lot of design inspiration in these games pulled straight from the TV show, such as Link's characterization, Zelda's design, and King Harkinian being the name of Zelda's father, so I'd like to hold off, and incorporate ideas from these when I get to that, if that's okay.

Tingle is another returning fighter, being the protagonist of all major Tingle games. He has a lot of returning moves, such as his balloons, his maps, his bombs, and his fireworks, all of which I included before, and a lot of the new stuff I think I'd like to save for characters more unique to these games, however, if the slingshot was not already part of it, I'd like to incorporate that somehow, and the fight cloud is pretty iconic seeing it's almost basically the only move in the first game. More on that when we get to Pinkle, I think, as she'd make a solid echo fighter.

Ganon, or "Gannon" I guess, appears as the villain of the three CDi games, though his boss battles are pretty basic, and I think I like his moveset as is already. Though, when we get to the TV show version, I might factor in his flaming skulls just like Link and Zelda.

Outside of that, a lot of core enemy types that currently have movesets appeared throughout this set of games, but with nothing particularly noteworthy added to them, so I think we'll leave them as is.

Thanks for reading! Next up, I think we'll tackle that Pinkle echo fighter immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment