Saturday, March 13, 2021

Super Mario Fushigi no Korokoro Party

SUPER MARIO FUSHIGI NO KOROKORO PARTY


Loosely translated as Super Mario's Rolling Mystery Party, this is the first of the Mario Party arcade games. Now, I've mentioned before that I'm not an arcade man, and there have been a lot of details about understanding these games that I just can't seem to grasp, but I'm going to do my best. This game is primarily a coin pusher, something that's apparently illegal here in the U.S., but the premise (as far as I can tell) is that there's a tray full of tokens toward the bottom of the machine with a sweeping mechanism that pushes the tokens forward whenever you win a game, and you keep every token that falls over the edge into the central hole. The games are a mix of a handful of games from Mario Party 5, played by all of the cast from that game, spiced up with a few rolling ball games that give you points depending on which holes they roll into, and that then affects how many times the sweeper pushes coins forward. Does . . . does that make any sense? Either way, I don't think any of this would really affect anything to do with any character's moveset or anything, so I suppose it doesn't matter.

Here's what we've got:


Characters:

Mario

Luigi

Princess Peach

Princess Daisy

Yoshi

Toad

Wario

Waluigi

Boo

Koopa Kid

Bowser

Star Spirits


Stage:

Arcade Machine


Thanks for reading! Next up, we'll cover the game's sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment