Thursday, March 11, 2021

Smash Universe Freebie: Top 20 Games Covered So Far

 MY TOP 20 GAMES COVERED SO FAR

Just for fun, and kind of in honor of Mario Party: The Top 100, here is my top 20 favorite games that I've covered on this blog so far. They may be from personal experience (games that I have played and have personally enjoyed throughout my life) or were games that particularly stood out during the research process and that I personally enjoyed discovering and learning about.

1.    SUPER MARIO 64: personal enjoyment, I grew up with this one, and it's just great.

2.       SUPER MARIO BROS.: not a personal experience, but its greatness can't be denied.

3.       SUPER MARIO GALAXY: actually don't have personal experience here, but, boy, was it a rush to research.

4.       LUIGI'S MANSION: personal enjoyment. My first real Gamecube game.

5.       SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY: personal enjoyment somewhat, but much too recent for it to have that same feeling as 64 and Luigi's Mansion.

6.       SUPER PAPER MARIO: personal enjoyment and one of the best stories in the Mario series.

7.       DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: TROPICAL FREEZE: not personal, much like Galaxy, a heck of a rush researching.

8.       SUPER MARIO LAND 2: 6 GOLDEN COINS: the most personal on this list. My childhood.

9.       MARIO KART 64: Personal enjoyment. It, Mario 64, and Banjo-Kazooie basically exemplified my 64 experience.

10.   DIDDY KONG RACING: Not personal, but was really fun to learn about.

11.   PAPER MARIO: THE THOUSAND-YEAR DOOR: Personal enjoyment. My introduction to Paper Mario with some of my favorite Mario characters.

12.   YOSHI'S WOOLLY WORLD: Not personal. The creativity in this one and Tropical Freeze stands out in a special way.

13.   MARIO KART DS: Personal (slightly less so than 64). Also just objectively the best Mario Kart.

14.   SUPER MARIO RPG: LEGEND OF THE SEVEN STARS: Not personal. But the research process may have turned my desire for Geno from simply proxy wish for other fans to a bit more of a personal want.

15.   PAPER MARIO: THE ORIGAMI KING: Not quite the return to form I wanted, but at the end of the day, almost as great storytelling and a really fun experience.

16.   MARIO & LUIGI: BOWSER'S INSIDE STORY: Not personal, but certainly the best of the Mario & Luigi series.

17.   DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: This and the next one were my first real introduction to the Donkey Kong series during the research process.

18.   SUPER MARIO WORLD 2: YOSHI'S ISLAND: As stated above.

19.   SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD: Halfway between personal and not. Honestly, just a really fun time.

20.   WARIO WARE: GOLD: This was the game, during the research process, that made me realize just how much I had come to love the Wario Ware cast, and the series as a whole, in such a short amount of time.


Thanks for reading! I know it's weird, but I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment