Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Character Sheet: Cranky Kong (DK Handhelds)

CRANKY KONG

And now, it's time to go through our characters once again. This time, most of them will just be a token effort as there really isn't anything new to add to most of the characters. However, for the sake of thoroughness, and to give myself the chance to get ahead on watching and taking notes on upcoming games so that I don't get behind, let's go through them anyway.

1. Donkey Kong (Revision)
2. Diddy Kong (Revision)
3. Dixie Kong (Revision)
4. King K. Rool (Revision)
5. Cranky Kong (Revision)
6. Funky Kong (Revision)
7. Kiddy Kong (Revision)
8. Kritter (Revision)
9. Krusha (Revision)
10. Klump (Revision)
11. Wrinkly Kong
12. Xananab

I find it a rather amusing bit of irony that the year should end on the cranky old monkey constantly talking about "back in his day." In fact, the only thing that would make it even better is if Kiddy Kong were to be the one to start the new year. (To be honest, I'm really tempted to go out of order tomorrow just to make that happen). But I digress. Cranky actually doesn't appear much in the Land games outside of his role in the setup of Land 1, but he acts as the game's mentor and tutorial throughout both DK games, I suppose implying that he can do most of it, but as Wrinkly and Xananab will cover most of those mechanics, I'm not too worried about it.

So here's what I came up with:

Standard B: Dynamite

Side B: Barrel

Up B: Pogo Stick

Down B: Dentures

Final Smash: Mad Scientist

Entrance: Cranky could break out of a barrel like the rest of them, though he could just be sitting on stage, cranking his gramophone like in the first game's cutscene. 

Taunts: Waving his stick around like a grumpy old man, making some comment about "kids these days." Maybe a secret taunt where he gives out hints.

Next up: Let's cover Funky Kong (or Kiddy Kong if I give in to my own sense of humor)!

No comments:

Post a Comment